Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Year Anniversary


Guy and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary in style. We went to W.A. Frost for dinner.
I had the pork chop atop caramelized garlic polenta paired with a wonderful glass of Pinot Grigio. Guy enjoyed the Red Snapper with a glass of bourbon (small glass). Our waiter treated us to glasses of sparkling wine on the house to celebrate our anniversary. I am a light weight after not having anything to drink for almost a year. I couldn't finish the glass! :-) We concluded our night going out to a movie. We saw Indiana Jones IV. We liked it, it was a lighthearted action packed ride. Just what we needed. Though Amelia wasn't far from our minds...especially mine. I never thought it was going to be so hard to be away from her. I knew she was in good hands (Bette was watching her).

Today Amelia and I ventured out and met my aunt Sally and her daughter (my cousin) Vicky at Starbucks in Golden Valley. My other cousins Christopher and Katherine met up with us there. Kat is 7 years old and what a little talker. She told me all about all the baby clothes I should purchase at Target and especially wanted me to get a sweater for her. She also told me all about the baby toys and her favorite toys at Target. She was a very talkative intelligent little girl. Made me a little excited for when Amelia gets older, but I am enjoying every minute of her babyhood.

No comments: