Monday, July 28, 2008

I can't believe it!

Our little "Swashbuckler" is 12 weeks old!

I can't believe our little girl is going to be 3 months old, already! It's amazing how fast time flies! It is also amazing how much Amelia has changed from a floppy-headed newborn to a little babe with an awesome personality. She smiles, giggles, has curious eyes and seems fearless already.

Here are some milestones our little gal as achieved: Controls head, turns head from side to side, can bring objects to her mouth, holds head up at 45 degree angle, tracks objects with her eyes, smiles, coos, babbles, giggles, ROLLS OVER (this is so scary!), bears weight on legs supported, can sit supported, attempts to hold bottle in mouth, sleeps through the night (YAY), reaches for objects, is starting to prefer parents over strangers. (Shucks), I think she is also starting to conceive the principal of permanence.

Amelia is a "Daddy's Girl" through and through... She saves up her smiles and coos just for him. I am a little jealous at times, but more I am happy they have this special bond which allows for this interaction. Amelia and Guy have a little talk every evening when he comes home from work. She just talks and talks and talks to Guy. It is BEYOND precious! (I have it on video. Once I figure out how to post video I will post it.) She moves her hands while she talks. It's as if she is telling her Daddy all about the adventures of the day. "First we got up and I played with my rattle, then Mom and I went for a walk to the food store. It was cold in some places. Then we went outside again and walked and walked. I fell asleep, when I woke up we were home. Oh, and did I tell you Dad, I ate a lot today and I kept most of it down. Mom put me in the baby carrier. I really love that and guess what I fell asleep AGAIN! Yep and I woke up in another new place. People were looking at me in the carrier and saying things I couldn't understand yet, but I think they were good things because they were smiling...so I smiled back and they laughed...so I laughed. I think people like it when I smile so I do it more and more. Especially for you Daddy. I love you! " I think the conversation would have gone something like that. :-)

Well here are some new pictures of our little cupcake! Enjoy!









Amelia hangin' out with her buddies Dugan and Finnian





No comments: