Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rollie Pollie Pumpkin

Our little Amelia rolled on the floor for the first time today. She was just hanging out under her play gym as I was catching up on some emails. One minute she was on her back the next minute I hear little grunts, she was on her tummy. I couldn't believe I missed it. No worries though she did it again 3 more times in the span of 5 minutes. I put her back on her back and she would roll right back over. I am so proud of our little Pumpkin!!! She was able to roll over on softer surfaces like our bed...but this is a first on the floor. Now the fun begins! I can't wait. I fear we will need to baby proof before we know it.

In other news, I sold my baby. Yep, my other baby. My first brand new car, The Sentra. We decided we needed to upgrade with our growing family. Despite the increasing fuel prices we are going to get an SUV. We figure they are well priced now that the gas prices are up so that would off set the price of fuel for us. We live in the city and don't do a lot of long commutes. We were going to get something smaller like a Rabbit but then decided we needed to get something we could grow into and drive for a long while. I don't like SUVs. I think they are a menace. I think they are gas guzzlers and road hogs. Oh well! Sign me up. Half the time I walk to where ever I need to go if I can anyways. (In the summer). It is sad to give up the Sentra. It was the car that signified to me...you made it to adulthood. I bought it the fall after I graduated from college and got my first job. I was out in California. Out on my own, starting my career as a RN with my new car. It was a good little car...it only had about 50,000 miles on it. We got a good penny for it which is nice for the down payment for the preowned SUV's we are looking at.

In other, other news. Amelia may be starting to teethe. Yep. She is a drool monster! She likes to bite on her hands and whatever she can get into her mouth. We bought her this teething pacifier. It is HUGE...it is hillarious to watch her suck on it. HA! Pics will be posted soon!

Well gotta go, it's late and I need to get ready for bed.

No comments: