Monday, September 15, 2008

Cloth diapering


Since about 2-3 weeks old I have been using cloth diapers for Amelia. I have to say it's really easy and not too bad at all. I am saying this before starting solids though, so we'll see how it goes once the stools change. BUT for now...everything is going pretty smoothly. I am even making some of my own diapers for Amelia. I am an OK seamstress. I thought, "I could make this". So I did. My version is flannel fitted pocket diaper which requires a cover. (The butterfly patterned fabric I used is adorable.) I really don't care for the AIOs (all in ones) because they take SO long to dry and don't seem to get completely clean sometimes. I love my Bum Genius' but they are quite spendy. I got the idea for the pattern from a diaper I bought on EBAY from a WAHM (work at home mom). I have made 4 so far. It has already paid for it's self making them vs. buying them. I spent about 30 on fabric. I would have spent that easily on 3 fitted diapers. Amelia never has rashes and I don't have to go to the store when I run low...I just wash them at home. It is actually more convenient than towing Amelia to the store.

No comments: