Saturday, November 8, 2008

Presto Chango!

It feels like yesterday Guy and I brought home our little girl. All newborn and tiny. Presto Chango (Poof) Amelia is a full fledged baby! Rolling everywhere she can, imitating us like crazy (she puts the phone up to her ear, puts the straw from my jug in her mouth), holding her self up on things to stand, eating solid food, sitting up on her own, and ALMOST crawling. On Thursday I saw Amelia push herself up on to her hands and knees, rocked and fell on her face. (She just laughed). I love how proud she is of herself when she accomplishes something she is working so hard to do. Like get up on her hands and knees or support herself at the side of the coffee table. She flashes this smile like, "Mom, look what I just did!!! Do you see me? This is awesome!". I am loving every minute of it.

The other day I think Amelia may have followed some simple directions!!! Having family time in bed the other morning Amelia was poking at my face. Often when she does this I tell her what she is poking. "That is mommy's nose" and then I point to her nose, "That is Amelia's nose." That particular morning I thought I'd ask her to point to different places on my face, not really having any expectation she would do it. BUT SHE DID!!! Guy and I were beside ourselves. I said, "point to mommy's nose". She pointed (grabbed) my nose. I said where is mommy's eyes and she poked my eye. I said where is mommy's mouth and she poked my mouth. I thought ok that is just a coinsidence. But later that day I did the same thing and she nearly repeated her morning's performance with one error. I am going to give it a couple days and try again and see how she does. I was completely impressed. It was also a wake up call that this little one is really paying attention and understanding more than I thought she did.

No comments: