Monday, September 22, 2008

10 year (non) reunion


I can barely believe it has been 10 years since I graduated from high school. BUT when I think back to all I have accomplished; I can believe it. I attended Gustavus majored in Nursing. Worked as a staff nurse in southern California for almost 3 years. Moved back to Minnesota worked as a travel nurse. I have currently worked at the U of M for over 3 years. So I have been a nurse for over 6 years. I also thought back to all the experiences outside of my career. Falling in love and out of love several times. Finally meeting the man of my dreams, Guy, and actually marrying him! (I am very lucky!) Making new friends, growing past friendships and reuniting with childhood friends through the Internet. Seeing friends get married and divorced. Everyone having babies, including myself. Having my daughter Amelia (besides marrying Guy) is my biggest accomplishment in the last ten years.


I unexpectedly got the day off from work and thought...hmm maybe I will attend my reunion after all. BUT I found out pretty much most of the people I wanted to see where not attending. They were all meeting up at Brits Pub. Change of plan...and I met up with a bunch of people I hadn't seen in 10 years. It was a little awkward at first but once I relaxed I had a pretty good time. (The Irish Car Bomb didn't hurt either). It was really great to see everyone. We all are pretty much the same...which is comforting. Hopefully it won't take 10 years to all get together again.


No comments: